Saturday, 18 December 2010

Setting an Example. Making a Mark.

'I don't hide in the shadow of others, I am a shadow of things to come'

This was one of the many quotes at 'Rocknations' and it stood out the most for me. It made me think of what we bring to life and what we do to make a mark on other people around us. And how we sometimes just stay in our comfort zone and follow the crowd. But how we should be going out of our way to make our mark on life.

But how do we make these marks on life? Well, I think that we can use our gifts to make our mark on life. For we are all made with these great gifts right? So why aren't we using them?! Hiding in our shell doesn't leave any mark, its not using the gifts we have been given at all!
Making a mark also means setting an example. And I know, we get it all the time but its so true! The bible says a lot about living like Jesus right? Well he set an example to us, so why aren't we doing it? I know I'm young and so may quite a few people be but why should that ever stop us in making an example?

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

I love this verse, it's so inspiring and uplifting. To me it shows that just because you are young, it doesn't mean that you can't set an example and make a mark! It also says that you can does this through your speech, life, love, faith and purity.

These all remind me of when someone asked me why I act differently. And why I was different to everyone else and it was then that I realised its not just the things like serving and stuff that make a mark on other people, its the way you act, speak and treat them too.

So generally, I don't think you should ever be afraid to use your gifts and talents to make your mark on life and be an example to other people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment